photo menubar_01_zps1889c320.png photo menubar_02_zps8864c4a9.png photo menubar_03_zpse6a0075b.png photo menubar_04_zps1b01eb79.png photo menubar_05_zps34314054.png

11.24.2012

Black Friday Sales!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and time with their family. This year we decided to stay home and spend the day with just the three of us. It was nice to not have chaos and to do things on my own time during the day. I was able to style my hair, cook dinner, wash some clothes, create some layouts and "talk" to Santa about a few things a certain little person requested. My stress level was so low, and that meant, no migraine- which is always my ultimate goal.



Best toy deals.

As far as toys, I shopped Toys R Us and Amazon. There were a few things at Target.com I wanted, but I was not able to checkout my cart and Walmart.com- I have not shopped at Wal-Mart in months. Usually when I do, it is a very minimal purchase because I have a serious hate for Wal-Mart. If I only got $2 to spend, I would NOT give it to them. I work hard for my money and going there is not worth it. Lol! One too many bad Wal-Mart experiences I guess. Now from TRU, I snagged up the Brave DVD for $11.99, a 2-pack of Lalaloopsy dolls for $29.99 (regular price $49.99), a Dora adventure set ($9.99) and a couple of other miscellaneous items. The bulk of the items I bought were from Amazon. Their prices were either the same as Wal-Mart or Toys-R-Us or they were very close, so I bought from Amazon after activating a trial Prime membership. That means free two-day shipping. Got to love that! I am really thinking of getting a Prime membership but have not decided yet. If I could watch the instant streaming on my iPhone, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I shop from Amazon religiously and I pay for Netflix and Hulu. $79/year is quite a bit of savings over $7.99/month  ($95.88) for Hulu plus I  could take advantage of that beautiful 2-day shipping. I feel like I am talking myself into it.

Dell disappointment.

The one thing I did want to find was a computer monitor. We have a PC for Aida, keyboard and mouse and we just need a monitor. Well, Dell's BF ad showed a 20" monitor for $78.99. Their sale started at 12 am EST on Friday night and the site started to get bogged down quickly. I saw the montor for $129.99 and regular $189.99 but I remember Dell was showing new deals every 3 hours. Let me just tell you, that monitor was never $78.99. Not only that, after the first 3 hours, that monitor and model # were no longer showing in a search on Dell's site. If it was a misprint, okay that's fine...but to take down the entire product listing, that was so shady. I don't really care, but come on Dell....did you have to take down the listing. Thankfully, there are some on Amazong for $99.99 but I am going to wait for Cyber Monday and see what I find.

Digial Scrap Booking.

Now, I have been scrapping as much as I can these past couple of weeks (still not as much as I would like. The amazing designers at The Lilypad and Sweet Shopper create so many new goodies for the weekend that it just overwhelmed my brain. I did not know where to start first. Sweet Shoppe sale is 40% off  storewide  on 11/23 and 11/24. If you were visiting with family out of town,  there is also a 30% off storewide sale on 11/25-11/26.  The Lilypad is has New Releases at 25% off through Monday and 25% off all Holiday Products, including Christmas, Winter and last year's DYD collection. Gina of Digital Design Essentials is having an awesome sale right now- $1.00 Retirement Sale, a HUGE 50% Off Storewide Sale and I highy recommend signing up for her newsletter (most times she sends a coupon or extra discount with new releases or sales).

Here are a few of the pages I have made:



digital products used:
A Happy Family by Erica Zane



That's all for now. I have a new toy to try out and plan on getting some more pages done today. This is usually when we put up our Christmas tree, and hopefully I can find the energy to do that...lol!! Later all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...